Dear Parents and Carers,
Well...this is a first in my teaching career...making changes to our school day due to extremely high temperatures! My weekly email is a day early this week as I need to let you know of our plans.
Arrangements for tomorrow
I would firstly like to reassure all of you that our children's safety is first and foremost in our minds with these soaring temperatures. Please read the information below very carefully.
- Children to come in non uniform tomorrow - cool, comfortable clothing required
- All children MUST wear suncream and have a sunhat and a filled, refillable drinks bottle
- Children will have a short outdoor break on the field in the Forest School area in the morning as this is completely shaded by tree cover.
- Lunch time will be treated as 'wet break' and children will remain in their classrooms as this will be the hottest part of the day
- ALL children to be collected from their classrooms at the end of the day tomorrow as it will be too hot for them to wait on the playground to be collected.
- Gates to the car park will open at the usual time of 2.50pm but you can collect your child as soon as you arrive so that you do not have to wait in a very hot car. Please proceed to your child's classroom as soon as you arrive.
- Ice Lollies will be available at the end of the day priced at 50p - all proceeds go towards the Friends of St. Mewan fundraising.
- There are also no clubs running this week - however, this was already the case before the heatwave!
Hopefully we can return to normality on Tuesday!
A reminder that our Summer Fayre is on Wednesday. If you have any donations please bring them in before Wednesday if possible, apart from any baked items which need to be brought in on the morning of the 20th, with ingredients labelled please. The fayre will begin at 2pm. Children will only be able to visit the fayre if they are collected from their classrooms by an adult. All other children will be dismissed at the usual time (please come to their classroom to collect them).
End of Term
A reminder that we close for the summer break on Friday at 1pm, after lunch. There will be no Wraparound provision on that day and all children must be collected by 1.20pm.
The final newsletter of the year will be sent out on Friday.
Have a lovely week everyone and try to stay cool!
Mrs. Elaine Badger